Wednesday, November 12, 2008

This Month in K-Pop: November

Ladies and gentlemen.....the Wonder Girls


The Wonder Girls are a wildly popular Korean girl group who have been pumping out hit after hit since their debut on the K-scene in 2007. Their recent hit "Nobody" has been the #1 single on the Korean charts for at least 3 weeks now. Like Davichi's "Love and War" before it, "Nobody" is ubiquitous. It would be impossible to live anywhere near Seoul and not know this song. 

I made the mistake of singing the chorus while talking with two of my students a few weeks ago. Now I receive multiple requests a day: "TEACHA TEACHA... NOBODY SING"

So, here it is for your listening pleasure (read: pain). I was going to post the official music video, but the actual song doesn't begin for about two minutes in order to set up the video's whack plot. Instead, I found this video of some white kid who learned the official "Nobody" dance moves...much better in my opinion.





No comments: