Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday afternoon thoughts...

Sitting at my desk all day with literally NOTHING to do has really made me start thinking, and I'd like to pose a few thought-provoking questions.

1.) Why do Americans feel the need to refer to their home country as "The States" only when they are abroad?

2.) Am I the only person who thinks its pathetic that both John McCain and Barack Obama have a childrens book written about them? Talk about propoganda..

http://www.amazon.com/Barack-Obama-Promise-Child-Hope/dp/1416971440/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223616397&sr=1-32

http://www.amazon.com/My-Dad-John-McCain-Meghan/dp/1416975284/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223616386&sr=1-13

3.) Do you think some films seem better than they actually are simply because they are part of the Criterion Collection? Do I actually like Andrei Rublev? I think I do...but do I really?

4.) Is it bad that more than 50% of the posts on Stuff White People Like applies directly to my life?

5.) Why did nobody tell me that Fred Durst directed a feature film called The Longshots...starring Ice Cube?!?!

No comments: